1 a unit of pressure equal to one newton per square meter [syn: Pa]
2 French mathematician and philosopher and Jansenist; invented an adding machine; contributed (with Fermat) to the theory of probability (1623-1662) [syn: Blaise Pascal]
3 a programing language designed to teach programming through a top-down modular approach
EtymologyPaschalis, from pascha "Easter", for birth on Easter, or in honor of a 9th century pope.
male given name
- French: Pascal
- German: Pascal
- Italian: Pasquale
- A given name of origin.
- A surname derived from the given name.
- A given name borrowed from French.
Pascal may refer to:
Peoplehistory of, and people with the given name and surname "Pascal"
- Blaise Pascal (1623–1662), French mathematician and philosopher.
- Pascal, a character in the video game Animal Crossing: Wild World
- Pascal, the main character in the film, The Red Balloon
- Pascal, a character in the television series Beauty and the Beast, portrayed by Armin Shimerman.
- Pascal, a character in the novel: Felidae (novel) along with the movie: Felidae (film). Voiced by Klaus Maria Brandauer
- Pascal Curious, a character from ''The Sims 2.
- Pascal an alias of Flip & Fill, dance music producers Graham Turner and Mark Hall
- Pascal (crater), a lunar crater
- Pascal distribution, a special case of the negative binomial
- Pascal's Law, a physics principle relating pressure at various points in an incompressible fluid
- Pascal's mystic hexagram
- Pascal (programming language), a programming language developed in 1970 by Niklaus Wirth
- Pascal's triangle, a geometric arrangement of the binomial coefficients in a triangle
- Pascal (unit), a unit of pressure equivalent to one newton per square meter
- Pascal's Wager, a philosophical argument for belief in God
- Pascal Photocoagulator, a pattern scan laser used in ophthalmology
- J. Pascal's Furniture and Hardware, a Montreal hardware and furniture store trading under the name "Pascal"
- PAS/CAL, a pop band from Detroit, Michigan
- Pascal Press, an Australian book publisher
- Pascal Publishing House in Poland
- Paskal, a Malaysian naval special forces unit
- Paschal (meaning Easter, and names) disambiguation page
Pascal in Arabic: باسكال
Pascal in Belarusian (Tarashkevitsa): Паскаль
Pascal in Catalan: Pascal
Pascal in Czech: Pascal (rozcestník)
Pascal in Danish: Pascal
Pascal in German: Pascal
Pascal in Spanish: Pascal
Pascal in Basque: Pascal
Pascal in Persian: پاسکال (ابهامزدایی)
Pascal in French: Pascal
Pascal in Galician: Pascal
Pascal in Korean: 파스칼 (동음이의)
Pascal in Icelandic: Pascal
Pascal in Italian: Pascal
Pascal in Hebrew: פסקל
Pascal in Latvian: Paskāls (nozīmju atdalīšana)
Pascal in Luxembourgish: Pascal
Pascal in Lithuanian: Paskalis
Pascal in Hungarian: Pascal
Pascal in Dutch: Pascal
Pascal in Japanese: パスカル (曖昧さ回避)
Pascal in Norwegian: Pascal
Pascal in Low German: Pascal
Pascal in Polish: Pascal
Pascal in Portuguese: Pascal
Pascal in Romanian: Pascal
Pascal in Russian: Паскаль
Pascal in Slovak: Pascal (rozlišovacia stránka)
Pascal in Slovenian: Pascal (razločitev)
Pascal in Finnish: Pascal
Pascal in Swedish: Pascal
Pascal in Thai: ปาสคาล
Pascal in Vietnamese: Pascal (định hướng)
Pascal in Turkish: Pascal